Wednesday, May 18, 2005

No wonder the Democrats hate her

Listening to the radio this afternoon, I heard Rush Limbaugh reading the text of a speech someone else had delivered to The Federalist Society at the University of Chicago Law School about 5 years ago. The speaker said something which (for me) crystallized current political conditions with a sharpness I hadn't seen since the first time I heard Ronald Reagan speak in 1976. Quoting this person, Rush said:

"Government is the only enterprise in the world which expands in size when its failures increase."

Wow.

The person who wrote that was Janice Rogers Brown, foremost among the Bush judicial nominees now being filibustered by the Democrats. No matter what else they say about her (and they say plenty, most of it bent out of any recognizable semblance to the truth) the reason they hate her is that her philosophy of government coincides perfectly with the beliefs of Ronald Reagan.

Not to mention Thomas Jefferson.

Like the Dems, I don't want her to be a Federal District judge, either.

I'd like to see her on the Supreme Court.

The complete text of her speech is here.