Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Instaspawn

When I came aboard Rocky Top Brigade, the first RTB blogger to link to me was Ron Huddleston of VOLuntarily Conservative. He describes himself saying: "One of Glenn Harlan Reynolds' students at The University of Tennessee when Instapundit.com was taking off, it was natural for me to enter the Blogosphere... A true conservative, a Christian, and a Tennessean..."

For anyone who doesn't know, Glenn Reynolds is the mild mannered, real identity of Instapundit, the most popular blogger among conservatives today. He teaches at the University of Tennessee here in Knoxville; making this town, if not a Mecca, then at least a Medina of the blogging world.

Now, a fresh batch of RTB inductees have been introduced, and one of them is Cole Stinson of Strange Things Afoot. And he says: "Strange Things Afoot is a blog that I started when I was in my last year of law school at the University of Tennessee. I was inspired by Glenn Reynolds, whose classes I took every chance I could get..." Stinson hasn't written much recently about politics, but decorates his site with GOP emblems and Bush/Cheney link buttons. He also confesses that where he presently lives in the Southwest: "Cinco de Mayo has more significance for me this year than ever before. Even though I am not Mexican, I can certainly get on board with celebrating kicking France's a**, no matter who is doing the kicking."

First Ron Huddleston and then Cole Stinson. Glenn Reynolds needs to practice "safe lecturing"... or is that "safer lecturing"?

RTB is a good outfit for any serious blogger, liberal, conservative, or whatever, in Tennessee.